2008-11-24

doctors, engineers, mono music..

In an over-enthusiastic state of mind (read 'an attack of OCD'), I swabbed my ears a bit hard it developed into an infection. Gave me a couple of painful nights and forced me to the hospital. Since the ENT guy was on rounds, I was forwarded to the General physician. I told him I have an ear infection. He takes a look at my ear, thinks for a while, and runs off to bring someone else. The other guy comes, takes a closer look and concludes.. "You got an ear infection sir" (duh!!) "I'll fix you an appointment with the ENT guy so that he can have a closer look at you".. hmm.. and I thought Engineers were bad :-S

The ENT guy wrote the prescription and said "You should stay away from alcohol for a while. It reacts badly with the antibiotic". Uh.. Did not know it was written all over my face :-S

The infection had gone to the extent of entirely blocking my left ear. Its like, I have only one functioning ear at the moment (no I am not deaf, yet). After keeping away from music for a week, I could take it no longer. Inspite of my headphones blaring away the best it can, it still sounds like the left speaker aint working. This is worse than mono music :(

4 comments:

Neers said...

try listening to old rickety radios!


edit: may thy ear be in pink of health again and may thy be happy once more!

edit 2: change the profile pic, dude!

Da Rodent said...

@neers: I dont listen to radio.. :-S

Thanks, it is a lot better now. The blockage is still there though.

But I love this pic :( Its the mascot of my favourite band.. Iron Maiden.

Just Me said...

See too much of a good thing and all that jazz ;)

How's the ear now?

Da Rodent said...

@just me: oh oh.. its a lot better now. I can hear on both my ears. and my gawd, that is such a relief. :)