2008-06-05

Why then are you so surprised to hear your own eulogy?

Tripping on "Tool - Eulogy".. pretty strong words.

Anywayz, life has been the usual shit. Work, work and more work :) No, I am not complaining. Waiting for the most awaited get-away :) I hope nothing comes around to fck that up, coz then I'll be one angry man :P

A friend stated today that I am too stuck up with my choices on music. That I am not open to new music. Well, I usually ignore such comments. But this time I was thinking. Actually he is right. I have not added any new band into my collection in the past three or four months. I am indeed a bit choosy when it comes to music. But its not that I am not open to new music. Its just I dont have the patience/time to give others a shot. Or maybe I am still not fed up with the collection I have ;) Well, whatever be it, I have made a decision to checkout atleast one new band each month. Lets see how this works out.. :P

After cursing coffee-day over and over for the crappy coffee-powder they sold me, I lately figured that I was the idiot who went and bought a dark-roast coffee. I did not read the junk on the box. stupid me. They dont have light-roast, but do have medium-roast, which is not bad at all. I actually like it :)

I have an inch of dust gathered up on my floor.. and my bed has switched roles with the wardrobe. Looks like i have a lot of cleaning up to do this weekend.

My jacket is in tatters. I tried every shop in town. No body seems to be selling jackets anymore. What the hell. And even if some one has a jacket, its filled with stupid labels and embroidery of all sorts. Why the hell is so much of bling-junk coming into Chennai. Even levis.. bah. Whatever happened to the 'plain is beautiful' idea. Am I growing old?

15 comments:

Kausikram Krishnasayee said...

'plain is beautiful' good old designer mantra, KISS principle ....sad that people are forgetting it :(

Neers said...

stop it!! you are spoiling your t-shirt!

(the drooling, silly)

Arpita said...

Oh ya even I cld nt find a decent one to buy wen i wanted to.the denim jackets are decorated with some shiny design or embroidery which I hate. Its even tougher to get plain jeans these days ;(

Da Rodent said...

@kausikram: yes I know.. it is irritating that you just can get good plain stuff..

@neers: haha.. but but but you have an iphone... :-P

@arpita: The funny part is that even branded jeans are becoming pathetic. With very odd looking fades.. urghh.. yuck..

Macadamia The Nut said...

I don't understand these bleddy peepal. You listen to music to feel good.. NOT to increase your music count and make conquest-notches on your i-pod.

Da Rodent said...

@macadamia the nut: totally agree :)

Just Me said...

Medium roast, dark roast. My kingdom for a decent cuppa coffee I shay!

These people have no clue! They have all these different beans at the supermarket and I've been buying a different one every week.

Conclusion: They all taste the same!

Ergo: Decent coffee only in India.

And yes. You are getting old :P

Jan said...

Ah, the never-ending search for the perfect match... The soul-coffee! :D

You should try tea. *runs away in fear of being struck down by lightning for blaspheming*

Dosai said...

Yea was in ILUGC like ages back. Quite inactive now :-)

Da Rodent said...

@just me:

> And yes. You are getting old :P

Ah... thank you.. duh!!! So, "young" woman, do you wear bling stuff?? :P

Da Rodent said...

@dosai: I remember one of those LDDs where you were blasting music and playing quake :)

Tan said...

i always thought that "jataang" was the word for overly bright and gaudy clothes.. is "bling" the in thing to say these days? work has had its side effects on moi..

and abt music.. I think you shud be open to new music.. just as i am.. I listen to it once, and conclude that i hate it and make other also believe that its crap.. of course they believe me.. I am the musical wiz kid in the family :P

Da Rodent said...

@tan: Well, I have always called it as 'bling'.. :P Never knew about 'jataang' :D

'Musical wiz kid'... You play some instrument?

Arvind said...

Dude.. You aren't getting old..
The young are just getting stupid!

I can't find proper jeans anymore.. Whatever happened to loose fitting plain denims?!?
Levi's sucks now.. They have 'slim fit'(!!) now.. As if their jeans weren't slim enough.. The average Indian male apparently has chopsticks for legs..

And don't even get me started on the embroidery or 'fake' denim.. Shopping for jeans I like is becoming increasingly difficult in this city!

And yes, your taste in music is rather narrow, but if you don't WANT to experiment, that's fine.. It's just that there might be a lot you're missing out on..

And IF you ever do FIND some place that sells nice jackets, TELL ME!
I need a jacket desperately..

I'm doing a bike road trip to Bangalore soon.. :)

Da Rodent said...

@arvind:

> Dude.. You aren't getting old..
> The young are just getting stupid!

LOL.. thats a nice way of looking at it :)

Its not that I am completely closed to new music. I did experiment with the genres, and settled on what I liked. But yeah, I understand that I am limiting my choices :P

I very very desperately need a decent jacket. I'll let you know when I find the place. I am literally driving around in a torn jacket :-S