2006-07-07

Oh!.. they sooooo love me..

It was a another beautiful day. I was fresh in the morning inspite of previous night's heavy partying. Woke up right in time to drop my sis at the bus-stop. Pleased my mom by having breakfast at home. Hmm., and then I decided to get to office a little early. Got into my dust/sun/chennai-scum protection gear and was at Villivakkam railway gate. The gate was closed. As every other day., I used the gap on the side of the gate to drive across. Once on the other side., one cop in plain clothes stopped me. He was like "Arivu illa?? padichikira illa?? Train vantha sethu poiduvae..(Dont you have any brains? You are educated right? If the train comes you'll die)". I was like 'aw.. gawd what is this guy's problem'.

Then the guy said I'd have to come with him to the police station and see the inspector. Offence being crossing the railway-gate when it was closed. :-S At the police station I figured I've been arrested., and kept in custody with some more people who were caught. One cop there was very eager to discuss how they, the railway police are completely different from the normal police., and that they dont have something called spot fine. Then a another was proudly explain the procedure of how the offenders (us) have been arrested, and will be produced in court and be judged. All this while I'm still gaping in wonder. Mad ass., I did not steal/kill somebody for christ sakes. Damn it.

Finally I had no choice., there were not gonna let me go. Grr.. So., called my colleague who came over and saved my ass by arranging some money for the fine (I'm broke btw. :P I had zilch on me).

Hmm., of the entire ordeal., the court was the most entertaining. I've been having this crazy fancy for courts and soooo badly wanted to see one. Finally got to see one. :) It was quite funny :) Too bad I did not get much to say :-S All I got to say was "Yes m'am i did" when they pronounced the charges., and "Thanks m'am" when she fined me. Grr..

I was caught at 10:45. When the whole thing was over., it was 16:15. It was like one full day wasted. :( Finally when i step into office., there is peals of laughter. Hmm.. it always happens to me doesnt it. I have to get in trouble with the cops every once in a while., grrr..

Heh., they love me.. absolutely..

EDIT1: Forgot to mention. After the whole thing., I had to cheer myself. So., well.. it was beer time baby :)

EDIT2: Aw., and after the judgement when I came out. The cops gave me an option. I either stay back till 18:00, pay the fine myself, show the reciept at the police station and then clear my bike., or give them the fine-amount and 30 bucks extra to do the job themselves. :-S

13 comments:

Sindhu said...

Oh my gosh! I never knew they catch people for such things...!! I can understand jumping traffic signals but railway crossing..this is tooooo much!

susmita said...

So the such things happen in reality? Wow! i am impressed with the police..

what was the case against you?

that you were a danger to your own life?

Arpita said...

Kudos to the Chennai Policemen!!!!!
But seriously, they cld have easily fleeced u then n thr and let u go. The fact that they actually produced u in the Court is awesome..

Da Rodent said...

I forgot to mention., After the judgement, when I had to pay the fine, the cops gave me an option. Either I stay till 18:00 and pay the fine or give them 30 bucks extra so that they'll do that for me. :-S

@sindu: I swear.. not just catching. They made me sit there the whole day. Damn it. Everybody crosses the gate like that every fckin day. My dad does it. Grr..

@sushmita: I've no idea what the case was. I over heard the cops referring to me and a few others as '147'.. Gawd only knows what that means.

@arpita: Ah., they told me about that also. About why spot-fining was removed., because there was too much of corruption :P

Raghav said...

i m sure you took the second option.. what an end to a brilliant start ! happens with me all the time ;-)

Da Rodent said...

@raghav: Yeah., obviously the second option. I cant waste another day in the attempt of clearing my bike out. Heh. :)

Iris said...

>>I have to get in trouble with the cops every once in a while., grrr.. <<
They love u huh?
Hmm... Maama veeduthaane? Paasam illaamayaa?

BTW, did u stay till 18:00 to get the bike or paid 30 extra?

Jan said...

Hmm... I'm tempted to be one of those individuals everybody detests and say, "But you know... you WEEEEERE breaking the law!" Lol. I'll restrain myself.

Curbing corruption eh? When did that happen? I'm impressed actually, clap clap clap for the railway police.

You have excellent adventures, friend! ;) Hope you have more to entertain your readers. Hehe.

P.S.: What was the court like? You didnt mention!

KK said...

Kudos to Railway Police!!Never thought that they do all this...I have always seen them only inside the railway station. BTW I googled for section 147, it says "Punishment for rioting", Not sure if your act was any kinda rioting :)
BTW did they call your name thrice in the court, like how they show in all these movies? :D

Da Rodent said...

@iris: man., i hate sitting in mama veedu :-S.. I paid the 30 bucks :P

@jan: Hmm.. the court was awesome :) It was not like in the movies though :( We were all standing outside in a queue., and then one after another goes to the accused-box., and this guy standing next to the magistrate asks whether you are XYZ. (No three time name calling :-S). Then he reads out your offence and asks you whether you did it. Then the magistrate scribbles something on a paper., and the guy reads what she scribbled. :)

@kk: What shit. Rioting?? What fuck. Man., that sucks. I got so cheated., damn it. Oh., and that name calling did not happen.. Too bad., I expected all that junk when i was entering the court.

Da Rodent said...

@jan: lady., i wont dissappoint you. I guarantee you., in another month., i'll end up with the cops again. Something like this happens once every two months.. my fate.

manasa said...

aw man tht was so harsh on ya ...god knows wat else dept they'll make up to collect fines to make their tummies rounder by the day !

Da Rodent said...

@manasa: haha.. bigger rounder mamas :P