2006-06-16

Life is a bitch..

I saw it hurt., and bleeding. It was yelping in pain., it was alone and desolate. I took pity and washed it. I nursed it. I burnt my midnight oil to watch over it heal. I broke away commitments to make time to be there when it wanted me. And., I made it a point to be there when it needed me. I made it laugh and run around in joy. I realized slowly that I needed it too. I loved it. It was the company I wanted in my lonely life. I smiled at myself that I have atlast found my company. But then one day it bit me. It bit my heart., and left me to bleed and cry., to beg for mercy., to beg for help. It made me realize that I was better before it came. And., i'm more helpless than what it was when I saw it first.

What a bitch.

11 comments:

Arpita said...

Life sure is a bitch at times.It makes u forget all the nice times and u start believing that u wld never find it again. Nevertheless Cheer up!
P.S- i dont know why but i've this very strange feelin that i know u.

Da Rodent said...

Yeah I know., I forced myself today morning when i woke up to sit and read my journal to remember and count all those good times I had. Too bad., I use the journal to dump my bad mood in.. Grr.. :(

Anywayz., coffee with a babe did help ;)

Hmm., do one thing. I have a link to my website on the main page of this blog. Check it out., and mail me (the mail address is there).. we'll figure out :P

Anna said...

it sure is.
Sometimes you know it beforehand but you still dont want to admit it.

Da Rodent said...

@anna: very very true.. its not sometimes., its many times. we ignore things because at that moment., you dont want to miss out the fun. and, those things you willfully ignored come back to you and give you nightmares.. damn.

susmita said...

thats a fact, but we just sweep it under the carpet most often, we realise very rarely and still get bitten the next time.. a bitch indeed.

Da Rodent said...

@sush: in things like these., experience does not always help.. :-S Maybe if experience did help., we'd lose the ability to emote to people. Maybe., thats a bad thing..

Aaah.. whatever....

Why Am I said...

well i am assuming the present case was a dog...neways its true abt ething...the more u attach ur urself to something.. the tuffer it is to get over it....sorry for get all philo..but this reminds me of a bill board i saw for some doscourse on the Bhagvath Gita...it said something like "attach and u lose..detach and u gain"...

Da Rodent said...

Hmm., thats a nice statement..

BTW., the dog was just an analogy.

rini said...

thats some good writing very honest..life is a bitch perhaps sometimes but not all the time.

Jan said...

True true. And that's why I believe in the joys of depression. ;)

Da Rodent said...

@rini: true., its not alwayz.. just some bad times :-S

@jan: haha.. c'mon., I still dont see how depression can be joyful. I'll go mad.. literally..