2005-10-30

A long wait..

Yeah., was waiting long to grab a couple of hours to put up a post here :-S. This is kinda weird that I'm suddenly so busy with things. Well., I did think a bit over this sudden change to a `lack of time maniac`. Hmm., I'm not liking it a bit., but well.. as if everything in life has a choice. Gawd damn it.

So., what has been happening?? Lots of work., and lots and lots of work.. and in the middle I sure did find the time for my monthly getaway (hehe.. i know, lucky bastard :P). So., this time I ended up at Jaladama, near banglore., for a `banglore hash bash` :). This is a resort on an island in the middle of Cauvery. Cauvery was threatening to drown the island at any moment., but well that did not stop us from having our runs and the beer :). There were two runs. I'm not much of a runner., but I did run as much as I could. Gawd., the place is so green. Its like god just decided to fart in one place., and it was this. :P.

The first one was on saturday (22-10-2005). Most other hashers were grumbling about the bad trail., but well it did not matter to me. All the green fields, and tiny streams was a rewarding sight after nearly a two week long mad working. The second run on sunday (23-10-2005) was a short one but still a good trail. Lots of slush and bad terrain, the right kind :). The banglore hash did a good job of the place and food, but still we were not very happy about the `paying for the beer` part :-S. Well., well.. 20 bucks for a can of King Fisher lager is not bad afterall.. And yeah., as usual i lost count on the way to the resort on saturday of the number of cans :P. As if it matters. heh. And we did teach the banglore guys how to drink :P

Saturday night was a long one with a lot of drink, dancing in the rain, fighting with the DJ.. :P. I was lodged with some other chennai hashers next to the pool. When I was starting back to chennai on sunday evening, i was looking bleached because of all the time spent in the pool. And., I did have time to try my long lost basket ball skills, and some canoing too :) Hmm., it was a bit scary that i was all alone on some 10 meter deep water. Grr., should have learnt swimming instead of letching at the girls in Rosary matric hr. sec. school.. :-S. But, well i guess its no use complaining about it now. I did have the fun anywayz :P

Whoa., it did feel nice to look at things other than a computer monitor and endless lines of C code. And., i've already started looking out for the next get-away in Novermber :)

5 comments:

karuna said...

All work and no play does make jack a dull boy. But getting away after busy busy weeks is a high in itself. Loking forward to mey getway now :)

Da Rodent said...

Heh yeah., I'm waiting for the next one (http://madrashash.com/jazz/jazz.htm) :D. And I know that this one is going to be much better than the previous..

Indira said...

it is always interesting to know a bloke from St Bede's. I studied in Rosary Matric more than a decade ago. :) St Bede's is definitely part of every rosarian's 'school' hood :)

Da Rodent said...

@indira: LOL.. ok., I'm not from St.Bedes. I'm from Santhome. :D But., I sure know Rosary Matric., for all the good reasons ;)

Raz said...

another rosarian here :D